Saturday 9 January 2010

Lovebeer? Love Harviestoun!


This is a post regarding the Lovebeer Sessions above The Rake.
On the 23rd January the Lovebeer Meet the Brewer Sessions will start up again with the much anticipated Stuart Cail from Harviestoun. I'm Gutted! I'm going up to the blogger tweet-up in Sheffield that day(Not that that's a bad thing, I'm really looking forward to that but still...).
Harviestoun are one of the most outstanding British breweries around today, their Schiehallion Pilsner is quite simply one of the finest beers I have ever had the privilege of drinking.
Here is the list of what will be tasted on the day...

Bitter & Twisted - Bottle
Haggis Hunter - Cask
Schiehallion - Cask and Bottle comparison
Ptarmigan - Cask
Old Engine Oil - Bottle
and finally....a vertical tasting of the Olah Dubh range!

This has to be one of the most exciting Meet the Brewer events in years and the ink is barely dry on the tickets before they get sold!
If you want a ticket for this event you can get one from The Rake or the Utobeer office(ask for the lovely Denise), tickets are £15 and believe me they are worth every penny!

1 comment:

Mark said...

So gutted I can't make it to this. Off on holiday on the same day it's happening, so I miss it by mere hours. Should be great fun though!