Friday 26 March 2010

Beer of the day #5


Beer of the day number 5, it's an oldie but a goodie. Hailing from Longmont Colorado, it's the Left Hand Juju Ginger, an ale brewed with ginger.
This beer is 4% abv, pours light copper coloured and is lightly carbonated.
There is an initial big gingery hit that punches you on the nose then it fades quite quickly(like being hit by a schoolgirl or a borough market beggar!).
It's not a hop monster, it doesn't anaesthetise your taste buds, it is what it is, a beer made with ginger. Now if I'm honest the first sip isn't up to much, but once you've had that first sip the carbonation will take over and do some of the work for the beer and the ginger hit will slap you silly and leave you wanting more.
I'm a big fan of Left Hand beers in general and whilst this isn't my absolute favourite it's still a great quaffing beer and will encourage you to try the others. Yet another great beer from the states!

3 comments:

Adrian Tierney-Jones said...

not your morning tipple at the Market Porter then ;-)

rabidbarfly said...

You could say that, I could not possibly comment....ssshhhhh, you'll get me in trouble! ;)

Leigh said...

oh, I didnt like the Left Hand ginger at all!! Sorry, dude!! I found it waaay too thin for me.