- That SIBA recognises that historic beer styles and modern beer drinkers do not ALL require clarity in beer.
- That SIBA removes clarity as a requirement for beer competitions.
- That SIBA proactively markets to and educates the trade and consumers on the potential benefits of hazy beer including :
- Improved flavour
- Improved aroma
- Improved mouthfeel
- Vegan acceptance(where isinglass is not used)
- Reduced settling time
- Reduced wastage/ullage
- Increased demand from consumers for more natural products.
We can certainly start by getting an industry body such as SIBA to recognise the above.
I look forward to tales of heated debate and murders from the SIBA AGM today!