Saturday 5 March 2011

Thanks!

Usually I would leave a work based blog on The Rake's page but I feel like I need to be a bit more personal than that today.

I need to say a few words of thanks to some very cool people so forgive me if this starts sounding like an awards ceremony speech, it kinda feels like one.

This week as you probably know, The Rake has been running it's Welsh Beer Festival, a concept that my boss, Richard Dinwoodie and I came up with about two and a half years ago initially to annoy my other boss, Mike Hill. Just a bit of fun. Now we're on the third year of this one now and London shows no signs of letting up in it's thirst for Welsh beer! I started the first year by ordering 22 firkins(9 gallon casks if you didn't know), 25 the second year and 35 this year. By the close of play today I expect that we will have sold 40 firkins in one week! Some of them not Welsh, as we will have run out of the Welsh stuff! Not bad for a bar the size of an office in-tray.
This is down to a few hard working people that I'd like to thank now...
Nick Otley and his team for their support in getting the beers to London, this monster keeps getting bigger and it would be much more difficult without their help.
The Welsh brewers, for their time and their 'craft'.
My bosses Mike and Rich, for their continued patience and understanding about the way I'm trying to run their bar!
MY STAFF! These guys are awesome, they are some of the coolest people I know and they have worked their arses off this week, I hope they are as proud of themselves as I am of them!
The Punters, without you lot, frankly, what's the point? you seem to enjoy the beers we get in, so much so that we'll be doing a 4th one next year! so keep up the hard work necking those beers!

I don't want to bore you lot but I really felt like I had to get this off my chest. Thanks.

7 comments:

rabidbarfly said...

Knew I'd forget some people...
The Bloggers and tweeters and everyone who helped advertise it. Thanks guys and gals xx

Anonymous said...

Well done the cwrw crew.

ZakAvery said...

You forgot to thank Jesus and your parents.

rabidbarfly said...

*sobs* and my family...*sobs more* and Jesus for giving us the beer....

Pub Diaries said...

If you're thanking Jesus shouldn't you thank Ninkasi or Dionysus... don't anger them

rabidbarfly said...

PPT - No I didn't! Read it again and get to the sentence...'The Punters, without you lot, frankly, what's the point? you seem to enjoy the beers we get in, so much so that we'll be doing a 4th one next year! so keep up the hard work necking those beers!'
Ye beer gods!

Professor Pie-Tin said...

You're quite right, of course.
I must have been drunk when I read it.