Sunday 5 December 2010

Open it! Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA

I did a couple of friends a favour this week and ended up opening the bottles I was going to open for these blogs this weekend. Worth it though. We opened a New Glarus Cherry Stout which I have to say was superb and a Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van de Keizer 2009 which was a great beer to have on a snowy London night shared with friends.
Suffice to say I was left with a hole in the fridge where beer used to be!
I had to think on my feet and think quickly, what was I going to replace those two monsters with?
I got to Utobeer just before I had to rush off to work and picked up two great bottles of beer, after all, it's what we do!
Beer number one, Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA, at 7.2% abv and a deep cloudy orange hue to it. a nose that's full of a sweet Orange and Mango.
The mouth feel is immense, it coats the mouth with a warming, tongue-tingling lather that tastes of tangerine and a hint of soap! Not in a bad way though, this is very drinkable beer and I'm glad was forced to buy it in a hurry!
Next!

2 comments:

Beerymatt said...

They were indeed superb beers, many thanks! We will reciprocate with something suitable.. :-)

rabidbarfly said...

I think they were worth opening early!