Sunday 2 January 2011

Drunk Diary Day One

Yes, it's back again. Some people give up drinking for January(fools), I just keep a record of what I'm drinking and how many units above the so-called safe limit I am.
In case you don't know, working out alcohol units works like this....Multiply the mls alcoholic liquid by the abv then divide by 1000. 
At the turn of the year I was two sips into a bottle of Goose Island, so I'll start with that.

1 x Goose Island IPA, 5.9% abv, 355ml, Units : 2.09
5 x Guinness, 4.1% abv, 568mls, units : 11.6
1 x St Austells Tribute, 4.2% abv, 568mls, Units : 2.38

Total units day one : 16.07

Start as you mean to go on I guess.

6 comments:

Ed said...

And how many black poos will you clock up after five pints of Guinness?

rabidbarfly said...

Haha, none thus far!

Curmudgeon said...

Show me the pub where a pint of Guinness is anything like 568ml!

rabidbarfly said...

Actually it's the Dons bar at Kingsmeadow.

Unknown said...

It's hard not to feel just a little bit sorry for that jar of Tribute.

Those were six hard acts to follow!

rabidbarfly said...

I wouldn't feel too sorry for it, it all goes down the same direction!