Thursday 26 August 2010

Apparently I Look Like a Twat

After a couple of comments about my profile picture on here, one of which said I look like a twat saluting something : 
Twat.
I have decided to change the picture for a while, whilst I come up with something else.
Not quite sure which one to use though.
One suggestion was a picture of me behind the bar at The Rake, like this?
Bit too landlord for me
Also not sure I'm allowed to use this one as it was in the Independent.

There was also a suggestion of a picture of me and Mrs Rabidbarfly, like this :
This ain't Boak and Bailey though
Not sure the wife would want to be involved in in the pic though, she might have to start contributing to the blog!

I kind of like this one of me, it was taken on holiday in France : 
I like this one
Should I put it to a vote? doubt it, not sure anybody would actually give enough of a shit to vote. 
Oh well, it's not about beer this one but I'm also thinking about getting someone to design a logo that can go on here too. I have an idea of what it could be but I'm shite a drawing so I guess it's the bottom one for now.
Anybody want to design it for me?

13 comments:

Mark Dredge said...

If it helps, I think you look like a twat in all the photos... Except the wedding one, of course, where it shows just how far above your weight you are punching :)

rabidbarfly said...

Not sure Mrs Rabidbarfly would like you casting aspersions about her wait Mr Dredge.

Cooking Lager said...

Use the picture with the tasty bird in it. Cut out the fat bloke on the right. :)

rabidbarfly said...

Thanks Cookie, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Sid Boggle said...

So we're generally of a consensus that a logo ought to reflect your inner twatness?

rabidbarfly said...

Indeed! Thanks Sid, what would I do without you?

Mark said...

People honestly contacted you to say you look like a twat in your photo? My God ... they don't have anything better to do with their time?

Got to admit though, for a looong time I thought you were saluting. :P

tania_nexust said...

hee hee, I thought you were saluting too till I saw a larger version! I like your b&w one with the Rogue cap, but I'd miss the salutin' Glynn one!

tania_nexust said...

Or why not just re-take it, in the same hat and all, but this time actually saluting ;-)
I always thought it looked like you were "reporting for duty for the drinking of good beer"

Leigh said...

I like your landlordy one!! It's professional, yet fun!I personally wouldn't implicate the missus in anything I do!!

Baron Orm said...

I too thought you were saluting the good beer lovers out there!

Get a new one taken in colour this time, just a headshot is best for blogger images (or some kind of symbol like mine or Marks).

rabidbarfly said...

@MarkW - a customer said it, he can get away with it though because I know him, he's no oil painting either!
@Tania - I liked the old photo, it was taken at the oval, it's actually L's hat that makes it look like i'm saluting.
@Leigh - I like the landlordy one to a point, not sure I want to see it everytime I log on though.
@BaronO - I'm going to ask my lil sis to design me something, I have a good idea of what I want, it's just a matter of her having time.

rabidbarfly said...

Wondered when you'd show up again PPT, thanks for the kick up the arse. Good to see you the other day!